We answer your questions about the Compt software.
There are two ways to donate through Compt:
1. The traditional method of uploading receipts.
2. Secondly, you can donate through Compt using our Givz integration.
Follow these three steps to turn on the Charitable Giving category:
1. Log in to your Compt account and go to ‘Company Settings’
2. Go to ‘Perk Program Settings’ and click ‘Edit’ at the bottom-right
3. Under ‘Perk Spending Categories’, you can now select “Charitable Giving” perks. Save the changes.
Your employees will now be able to choose Charitable Giving when uploading receipts (or choose to use the function of donating through Givz) at the beginning of the next stipend cycle.
Your employees will be able to claim Charitable Giving in the next stipend cycle.
Yes. If your employees made a donation to another charity they have the capability of uploading their receipt to our software; just as any reimbursement process.
Your employees will be able to claim Commuter Benefits in the next stipend cycle.
Yes. These expenses will be included in the non-taxable category in your reports for payroll and for finance.
The IRS allows companies to reimburse employees tax free up to $265/month for parking expenses related to commuting, and additionally up to $265/month for transit expenses.
No. Compt automatically does it for you! Our software limits employees to claim no more than $265/month for parking and $265/month for transit.
1. Log-in to your Compt account and go to ‘Company Settings’
2. Go to ‘Perk Program Settings’ and click on ‘add another perk stipend’
3. Under ‘Perk Spending Categories’, you can now choose “Commuter (parking)” and/or “Commuter (transit)” perks. Save changes.
4. Your employees will now be able to claim Commuter Benefits as a perk stipend on the specified start date!