They say what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. However, whoever said that didn’t take home the gold in the very first ever SHRM Better Workplaces Challenge Cup!
In fact, we’re going to shout this one out from the mountaintops. We are incredibly proud of our team (past and present), Founder and CEO Amy Spurling, and all of the peers and partners that made this milestone possible! A tremendous thank you!
The SHRM Better Workplaces Challenge Cup, the HR version of the TV show "Shark Tank,” is a workplace tech search for the most pioneering, ground-breaking, original ideas that will reinvent how we do work. This year was the competition’s inaugural year, bringing incredible HR tech submissions from 19 cities across the US, with solutions in recruiting, AI, diversity & inclusion, workplace management, talent development, perks and benefits, and more.
We and our fellow competitors faced off in local and regional rounds throughout early 2021, and it all led up to the finals which were held live and in-person at SHRM’s Annual Conference and Expo in September 2021.
The high stakes of the competition were not lost on us. It was a long road to the top. Having percolated to the top of 150 initial submissions and beating out 51 regional finalists, Amy took the stage for her final pitch to a panel of five distinguished judges:
- Daymond John, Award Winning entrepreneur and star of Shark Tank
- Nasir Qadree, Managing Director, Zeal Capital
- Allison Baum Gates, General Partner, SemperVirens
- Amber Clayton, Director, SHRM Knowledge Center
- Ian Fisk, Executive Director, Mentor Capital NetworkTitle
The Other Players
Competing along with our CEO, five very talented teams showcasing fantastic technology, battled it out on the finals stage:
- Symba: An all-in-one workforce management platform for talent development programs based in Chicago, Ill.
- TiLT: A leave management platform based in Fort Collins, Colo.
- UnboXt: A leadership development platform based in Atlanta, Ga.
- WorkWhile: A technology company that connects hourly workers to shifts based in San Francisco, Calif.
Ultimately, Compt and Symba made it to the finalist round. Make sure you keep Symba on your radar.
Of her time at the conference and competition, our Founder and CEO, Amy Spurling, said of this fresh and fantastic accolade, "this was an incredible experience and Compt is honored to be recognized as a solution to provide inclusive support to HR teams and their people."
We are incredibly grateful and proud to have been able to participate in this competition and wish all the luck in the world to the winner of the 2022 cup.
Check out some pictures from the competition, conference, and expo here.
If you’re new to Compt and are interested in offering your team reimbursed employee perk stipends we’re here to help. Whether you’re looking to build upon your existing employee perks program or add things like work from home stipends, food allowances, workplace wellness stipends and more - you have come to the right place.